Speak to me !

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Heroic mode made easy

Yesterday I got some spare time, so I decided to try and pug ICC10, for the first time ever. Joined the raid browser and waited.
I got an offer for a guild alt run where they would do some Heroic Modes.
That was weird, but I accepted and joined.

And Heroic Modes we did, 6 of them, and missed Saurfang by an incredible bad luck, as the healer got a double debuff (didnt even know it could happen) with 300K to go !

- Down went HC Marrowgar, staying in the middle while the two tanks spread.
- Down went HC Deathwhisper, with no back tactic, just staying in the middle and focusing on the adds (only 2 casters, me and a Shadowpriest, but we did fine). In P2, I got no aggro problems at all, although I was pushing.
- Down went HC Gunship, too easy to be told. And again, my #$@%& trinket dropped...NOT !
- HC Saurfang, we tried but skipped it after the 300K wipe, ppl were rushing to bed.
Down went HC Rotface, the only difference I noticed is that I had to stay in range to dps and seemed to get frozen every now and then.
- Down went HC Festergut. They pulled the boss to the opposite side of the balcony where Putricide is sending the Goo. Works much better than middle positioning. I got it once :( but we managed fine.
- Down went HC BQ. I was the last to be bitten and had an incredible bad luck, my keyboard got stuck in auto-run when the fight started for about 2 mins... god knows what silly bug happened, so I had to keep pushing the back move button to stop my warlock in place....even so I did pretty good dps. Got two swarming shadows and two Darkfallen, couldn't get worse !
We reached the LK but by then it was too late, so we did two tries, going into the last phase but never got to 10%.

Wow !

The best part is that I wasn't pushing 100%, since I never know what kind of tanks and positions these other guilds have and it was a bit hard to have to learn it in the first 5 secs of the fight, but I did a pretty good dps, staying in the top 3 all the time. The leader was speaking english at 200% with that damn accent they have in the countryside or whatever that was, it was hard to understand at times, but I managed it. "shummashone" = "summon a stone".

Guild name is Respect. They gained mine too.

3 comments:

dário said...

pa eu tou frustrado com a minha guild. Eles em 10 man com o grupo principal deles já só lhes falta o Lich King mas eu infelizmente ainda nem professor putricide fiz....
Esta quarta meteram me num grupo mais ou menos mas apanhei o needrage (o gajo é um chatter tank, fala e fala e fala e explica a fight e perdemos mais tempo com ele a falar do k a raidar, foram desde as 7 ate ás 9.20 para chegar a putricide ffs...)

Pedro Lucas said...

O need ? eu lembro-me desse nome..não estava nos SDD ? Ou então era um tuga.. já não me lembro, a minha memória está nas couves, mas estive n1 guilda com ele. Era mt explicativo, era. É pá é pena não vires até ao Frost, primeiro porque curti raidarmos juntos, segundo porque só temos um rogue, que está em exames, raramente aparece. E terceiro, vias um server a bombar, é só invitations, hardmodes, pugs a malhar no LK, gajos a fazer ulduar hm, rep runs a raids antigos, é mt diferente do chrommie. Só não tem pvp, o racio ally:horde é para aí 50:1.

dario said...

sim o needrage tava nos SDD conosco.
Pa mto honestamente tou tentado. so k tenho o mesmo problema de sempre. Vc's raidam mto cedo para mim, antes das nove da noite e sempre complicado para mim.