Speak to me !

Saturday, November 12, 2011

First impressions



This is supposedly illegal at this beta point so..

Well, cinematics are absolutely GREAT. It beats Blizzard by the mile.
The game is heavy. On my machine, I get 17 fps average, sometimes goes 30, rarely, sometimes goes 5 fps, on Alliance or Sith (Bounty Hunter - Hutta) starter zones.

So unless you got a 3Ghz dual core or so, forget SWTOR.

As I expected, for a ranged player that shoots from afar, the playability and realism is nice, lasers go back and forth, explosions are fine, killing moves too.

For a melee/jedi player, it sucks. You have to run to people that is shooting at you, slicing them with a jedi sword that doesn't kill them immediately, and there they stand, on their feet, point at you with a gun and shooting. It's laughable. As a Jedi, I went up to 3 mobs and all 3 were shooting at me for 1 minute or so as I sliced them slowly. Not realistic at all.

Quest cinematics are nice, you can go at a slow pace and listen to all the conversation and choose which answer to give (weird, the written answer and what the toon says most times are quite different, sometimes with different meaning).

I'm level 2 atm, so I'm not exactly an expert.

PVP seems to open at lvl 10, hopefully I get there this weekend.

I saw some people flying around with bike. Looks fun.

Overall... I've got a problem: SWTOR requires me to buy a new PC and to move all my crap to it. Good thing I tested this before I bought it.

3 comments:

aesyr said...

qual o pc que tens para ficar com uma idea se corre no meu ou nao.
tou com amd 64 x2 5000 a 2.60ghz e tou com uma geforce 8800gt com 4 gigas de ram. Segundo os sites de teste da para correr agora nao sei é se aguenta se bem ou nao.
Abraço

Pedro Lucas said...

amd 64 x2 4800 2.64Ghz, ATI HD 5770, 2GB RAM.

Lakyaan said...

Hey..i like your post. The information is that i want to know!