Speak to me !

Friday, January 03, 2014

Into Battle with a Lot of Pets

Yes it's a joke about the first EP of the Art of Noise. So, what was I missing, in what Mists of Pandaria game playing was concerned ? That's right, Battle Pets.

During Cataclysm, I collected enough pets for an achievement (was it 100 ? 200 ? I forgot). 
But with MoP, pets went to battle.

With the release of Hearthstone Beta, I played a bit, and found it funny enough to play a few games. 

So I decided to reactivate my attempts to do some WoW battle Pet achievements for leveling, collecting and battling, which has the same kind of non-real-time, strategy flavor of Hearthstone.

I managed to complete most of the things I wanted, except... the Celestial Tournament, that Blizzard released in 5.4 in the Timeless Isle.

That tournament is HARD. Of course there are lots of strategies you can read, and some specific pets you should/must use, but otherwise it's not one of those things you go in and get done, not my a long mile.

Oh well, I'll get it done, eventually.

I've been having fun with Rated Battlegrounds (1590 rating, thank you OQ!), and got full PVP 522 gear.

SWTOR...I purchased the Rise of the Hutts Cartel, using a promotion pack, in order to become a subscriber the day when they FINALLY added free flight combat, the so called Galactic Starfighter expansion. 
Well.. it's been a month and I think I played for 1 hour at most...the game changed so much, or at least, I forgot so much about the game and Mercenary abilities that I get bored/tired 10 minutes after I logon. 
As to the free flight combat itself...it's a bit too fast for my taste, all kids around move around me like bees, and I get shot without even understanding what needs to be done. I guess I'm getting old... thank god for "slow" books like War and Peace !

No comments: