Speak to me !

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Green Bananas

But the quality of the content does not excuse the subpar launch experience we delivered, and I apologize for that
" also hope you'll accept my apology and keep your faith in us"


J. Allen Brack 
Executive Producer, World of Warcraft


I believe this says it all. This is the 5th expansion of WoW, weeks after the 10th anniversary, and all they can say is "I'mmmm soooryyy". Well, not all, they also gave us 5 days grace period. Such a bad quality assurance with 100 million USD a month to spend on a game, it's simply unbelievable.

Yes. Shame On Me. I'm back to WoW. The idea was to raise a different class to 100, a hybrid, and have fun with it. Problem is...every time I want to log and do something, I get a "4000 queue position, ETA = 3 hours" , or "World Server Down", or "stuck at 90%". And then I log to play for 15 mins or so, then log out because of RL shores, which atm are way overwhelming and when I come back...yay, it's a 4000 queue again, etc.

.|. Blizzard.


On the LOTRO front, I did the whole West Gondor quest lines, and then started with Central Gondor. LOTRO seems to be entering into maintenance mode...most quests are the same over and over and over again.

As to RIFT, I'm now deep inside Storm Legion, level 57, nearing the new 3.0 zones. It is a beautiful game indeed, if somewhat repetitive in terms of quests.

No comments: