Speak to me !

Monday, May 11, 2009

Old Crafty-ed


4084 fishes later, (OMFG!), I finally hooked Orgrimmar's Old Crafty. It took me a few months, but he came to papa.

With so much time to spare during fishing, I decided to compute what's the chance of NOT getting the fish after N attempts.
It goes like this:
P(getting-the-fish-in-the-next-attempt=P=0.1% according to various sources.
so
P(NOT-getting-it-after-N-attempts)=1-(1-(1-P)^N)).
For the 4084th attempt, the chance of NOT getting it is small, 0.999^4084 = 1.7%.
So 98.3% of the ppl fishing this bastard have it already by the 4084th attempt.
But not me, of course, I had to be within those 1.7%.

My bad luck is a curse from the past.

During the last days, I've built a nice KoS list (VanasKoS is a great addon in deed), so that from now on, I'm gonna pay a visit to everyone, from lvl 1 to lvl 80, that ganked me or yelled in Orgrimmar calling for help to gank me, a poor naked fisherman.

Bastards, you'll pay for it.




On the PVE side, The Guild again surprised me. After a long wait and after I signed-up and wiped once on Thaddius with a no-name guild (remember not to do that again lol), ppl showed up and we went to try Ulduar 25, after having wiped with 18 ppl last try, leaving Leviathan at 30%. This time he easily came down, with me happilly chopping and splashing oil in front the caterpillar bossie.



Then we went for Razorscale, and after a few wipes to learn that priorities are:
1- get the hell away of blue fire
2- dps sentinels if they show up
3- aoe guardians and watchers in ez mode
4- dps boss from the back until he goes 50%
5- dps the boss from the center of the room until he agonizingly dies
we downed him and called it a night.
Pretty good as half the team had never set foot inside Uldie.

All in all, a happily way of discarding some dark clouds that passed over the last days with ppl leaving and the usual confusion about dkp for multiple raids. I remember Portucale solved it by using DKP1 for SSC/TK and DKP2 for MH/BT. Let's see how it goes here.


Now...what to do ? Go rare and pet hunting, may be ? Out of things to do again :)

59 pets, I'll be able to get 65 with Argent rewards, but then...it'll be a nightmare to go up to 75.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rofl. pelo que ouvi dizer ontem em ulduar 10 aquilo foi um wipefest com 0 bosses down. a ver se hoje compro uns fraskinhos po raid e os tambores de lw k aumentam o haste (ou atack power, inda n sei k e melhor).
Bem eu quando não raido vou farmar guito em dailies. se bem k devia correr old stratholm para rep para ter o titulo de argent champion. mas mehhh sou demasiado lazy para isso lol. kero é o tigre de zg e isso não há maneira de dropar...