Speak to me !

Thursday, February 04, 2010

First RGC-Silvermoon raid

Last night (bad choice, patch day, with immense lag spikes until 22h) was the first official ICC-25 raid.

Result ? Some mixed feelings.

People with will to do it, but a little underdps, a few ppl that were coming for the first time without having looked at the strategy.

One thing I didn't know about, and costed me 2 tries with highest damage taken, which was that coldflame can be mitigated by staying in the boss's hit box. However, this brings melee range, and therefore Saber Lash. We never did like that in ICC25 on Chromaggus. But we had better healing there, I think.

Overall, I got a lot of damage, and tbh, I don't know why. Too much Flame, too much Lash. The only thing I know, and that's weird, is that I had vigilance from my tank and during those 5 tries I got top damage taken (all but 1). At the 6th, we killed it, the warrior tank was replaced by a paladin, I lost vigilance and... I was no longer top damage taken, I was 8th or so. At the kill, I messed up with my macro, so I ended up missing a lot of Spikes :(

Weird. Vigilance lessens my damage taken. So was I 3% worse ? OMG !

Anyay, my dps was not bad, I was top 5, ex-aequo with a hunter. What was also weird was that the 3 rogues were the top 3 dps, with one of them with a similar GS.

I wonder what is going on.

At the end we tried Deathwhisper, (pulled all mobs at once and I my Rain of Fire come on top, which says that it's not so bad) and I made a misjudgement, so didnt start immediately dpsing the adds. After a bit, there was a loose one killing our top healer, so, bye. But I also found out that I dpsed the boss's shield on top by miles. So my rotation seems fine, even when switching to mobs.

I heard a comment from a guildie about the melee's reflect shield, and it's bad (when it' up) if a caster hits it, as it reflects to the whole raid with massive dmg. Have to check that, don' remeber that issue being raised on Chromaggus, or ever. Or may be he was talking about the need for the melee to do massive dmg to the shield in order to break it for us casters to hit the mob.

Tonight we go again. She'll come down, I swear to Elune.

No comments: