Speak to me !

Monday, May 23, 2011

Bane of the Obsolete Expansion




Always liked the word Bane, it's a deity from the D&D Forgotten Realms novels, Lord Bane, the Black Hand. Last week I got to be Bane of the Fallen King, by downing Arthas in Heroic mode. It was nice and hard, even as 85. Our tank and a few dps died at the beginning of the Frostmourne phase, so we did the whole last phase with no offtank to soak the spirits damage. But we managed. It's a pity that our guild doesn't have enough people for a 10-run.

Having 11/12 ICC10 HC downed during WOTLK, it was a shame for me to miss this event. Well, now, no longer.

Meanwhile, I continue my near-solo WoW experience. Got all the gear and saw nearly everything I wanted from ZG/ZA, and I'm horrified to get into dungeons. I'm leveling the last characters to 85, DK, rogue and hunter. DK is so fun and easy to go as tank. I nearly always outdps even dps DKs, I keep the aggro with the blink of an eye, and even have fun doing mitigation all the time so that the healers have nothing to do except heal dpsers.

But I must say, Blizzard does a TERRIBLE and I mean TERRIBLE job in this dungeon business. From lvl 83 to lvl 85, two entire levels, the LFG system only selects Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore. I know all the mob timers by now. It's so stupid, no RNG, nothing, everything looks dull. This game is really lacking creative development.

Today, I will become Master of Alterac Valley, 2 victories to go on the last achievement.

What else have I been doing ? Solo of course.. I've been completing the new Azeroth quests for the areas to understand e.g. why VanClef's daughter is the queen of Deadmines, etc. So far I completed Loch Modan, Westfall and Redridge. Going slow, no hurries here.




Last but not least... this week I soloed Molten Core (actually, dualboxed it with Tarithel but it's soloable for sure) and what did Ragnaros drop ???

Yes, the Eye of Sulfuras !!! So I will have not one, but TWO legendary weapons.
AH AH AH.

6 comments:

Daniel Fiddler said...

Nice blog, man!

I feel sad now that I quit WoW. lol
You got some interesting topics so I made myself your fan :) Way to go and grats on the two legendary items!!!

Also, if you could check out my blog aswell, that would be great. I would love it if you could see and say what you think about it. It's about drawings and writings about a world similiar to WoW. It's at:
thespiritlord.blogspot.com

Again, great job on your blog and have a good time raiding!!

dário said...

Hey. Pensei que tinhas desistido do Wow de vez. Os meus trinta dias de sub acabaram e ando a debater se reactivo ou não. O problema é que não existe nada de novo que possa ir jogando entretanto :s
Btw em relação ao Star wars, vai ao site deles e procura pela guild Lords of Midnight, pvp server, europa, sith side e faz apply. Não te esqueças de mencionar no apply que és o netcownt, se não eles provavelmente não aceitam :p
Está lá o Dahboo, o Raidan, a mulher dele, e eu. Somos poucos, mas ja dá para fazermos party para dungeons :p

Pedro Lucas said...

Ois Dario. Pois é, o problema é mesmo esse, não há nada para ir jogando, o LOTRO jogo 1 horita se tanto de 2 em 2 dias com o pessoal RL e não consigo +, não dá gd pica. No WoW, usei o scroll of ressurection n1 conta, tenho 10 dias trial e 1 mês free. Dura até fim de Junho..vou subindo os 3 chars que faltam até 85.. agora é a combat rogue. Depois férias, pode ser que já não volte.
Lords of Midnight ? Vou la´ver.

Pedro Lucas said...

Thanx for the support, Dovinsia, and don't miss WoW. It's great you could leave it. I checked thespiritlord and it looks pretty nice, my daughter specially liked it, she's an art freak too ;-) Do keep on enhancing that skill.

Daniel Fiddler said...

:D I will try to enhance it!

By the way, my friends just gave me a 10 day trial to WoW with Scroll of Ressurrection, so I might actually check out the game again :P

Maybe we could chat in there someday.. just saying :)

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.