Speak to me !

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The End (?)

Last week I got two achievement fronts I missed.

The first, Veteran of the Alliance, 75 won RBGs. Ended up with a rating near 1800 and full prideful set.
The second, 200 Mount Parade. got it without pre-ordering the WoD expansion and getting the free mount. Instead, I purchased a Grand Ice Mammoth for 7k.

Why so ?

Well, a little birdie is telling me this is the end, I won't be pre-ordering and my WoW days are coming to an end, about 10 years later.


I've been reading a little on WoD, and... THERE'S NOTHING I LIKE.

1) Graphics, location and story. WoD is TBC revisited. The same kind of graphics. Absolutely hated the graphism of buildings, pinnacles, and the orange/purple colors used in TBC. Location ? Outland/Draenor. Back to Draenei. The race I disliked the most, ugly, poor, extra-terrestrial lore, with no connection with the medieval tolkien races of humans, elves, orcs, goblins, trolls. UFOs in Azeroth ? A joke.

2) Level cap 100. Really ? Is this something to cheer about ? 
3) Garrisons. It's a joke, a mix of old ideas from SWTOR, LOTRO, and whatnot. I've had a house in LOTRO for years.
4) Flexible 10-25 raiding. Couldn't care less. Is this supposedly a new feature ? Flex was already like this in MoP. What they'll do is.. remove LFR code, replace the "Flex name" with "Normal", replace "Normal" with "Heroic" and "Heroic" with "Mythic", with a 20-fixed size. 
5) New character models. Really ? 99.9% of all times, you're looking at the back of your char, and looking at others armor. You don't see their faces or body. And even if you see them, during raids or PVP... do you really care for a high-res model ? Trash.
6) Level squish and attribute erasing: "hit, parry, dodge, expertise, and reforging". Easy mode for all the dumbasses that can't cap hit because they have no idea how to check it.
7) "armor will automatically change stats based on your spec". This is targetted to hybrids, because people want to have only one gear set and play different styles. Nice. Should have been done eons ago. But not a feature. More like an "easy mode".
8) Bag space without quest items. YAY ! New feature ? RIFT was launched years ago and had it from the start. It's a new idea. But call it a feature ? Argh, should be part of the core game.
9) The rest of the "new stuff", like buying a mount for "make-a-wish" foundation, or the Adventurer's Guide for noobs, is trash.

So, this will be WoD. The only good part is that it will have new achievements, and it will have PVP, which I could get into, e.g. for getting the Battlemaster title I miss. But still.

This is the future. As for MoP...

Fact of the matter is, I disliked PVE like hell this expansion. PVP was much better, specially after I found OQ. Unfortunately, to play properly PVP, I can' be casual, so I would have to be in a PVP guild for more successful gaming. Unfortunately, I cba answering to a teenage leader with rocking hormones that starts yelling because someone lost a base. So I would have to find a mature PVP guild. Is there such a thing ? Rarely, I find people like that, specially above 1700 rating, but overall... well, it's not just that, it's the game itself. 

It's OLD news.

So...

My subscription will end in 2 days. I have an 11th lvl 60 ready  (thank you Pet Leveling!) for pre-boosting to 90, if I buy WoD. But. What if I don't and buy it later ? Ok, I'll loose 600-lvl professions boosting. What if I don't buy it, ever ?

Nice thought.

1 comment:

aesyr said...

concordo plenamente contigo sobre a nova expansao. Nao tem nada que me chame a atencao. E Draenor novamente, e ja fiz tudo o que queria em draenor a lvl 70. E desta feita nao ha mounts voadoras. Por isso WOD pode ir passear. Se tens pc que aguente tenta Wildstar. Parece giro. Eu tentei jogar mas o meu portatil nao aguenta aquilo. E demasiado pesado. Por isso vou me manter por war thunder e world of tanks e poupar dinheiro para comprar uma TV e uma PS4 para jogar qualquer coisa.
Tao e tu novidades rapaz?
Abraco