Speak to me !

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Back to the Jungle

I was hoping Guild Wars 2 jungle would be ready by Summer time. Maguuma jungle, or so the say.

Unfortunately, it isn't. Actually, thre's no release date yet for the GW2 release.

So I paid 50K gold to get a free month of WoW 6.2 Tanaan Jungle.

It sucks. It's ugly designed, visually it's too dark, a mess of paths, quests of exploration with no sense of discovery, the three factions seem to be planted there just "to spend time farming". It's worse than the .. what was that Pandaria Island called, where the sun was fixed in the sky ? Forgot the name. Ah yes, Timeless Isle. It's worse. Way worse.

Oh wait, there's not just the jungle, there's shipyards too. Just when we thought our Garrison would expand and allow new achievements to be set, for barn, inn, etc... no, they just:

1) Went and created shipyards with missions that are 2-3 days long... I'm on my 7th mission and it takes 3 days ? Ridiculous.

2) Rendered garrison useless, by decreasing the amount of gold one can get. So I spent weeks creating an army of lvl 100, with an army of followers, with an army of treasure hunters and now... I don't need the garrison at all, except may be to sent followers on Oil Missions (as I got, as most players, capped resources at 10K). As to the rest, I noticed the Blood item is now a cheap commodity, since they also rendered it useless.. I didn't even bother how we can now upgrade our crafted items, but I'm sure it no longers uses Blood, or any garrison specific items.

Last night I tried Hellfire Citadel. Another bunch of bosses, another "cavern" with no sky/natural light. Dark as hell.

Guess it's a "must increase gamma" patch.





No comments: