Speak to me !

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shattering: The plus and the minus


A happy day and a sad day, today.

It's a happy day because I think.. I think I may have found a guild for me in Cata, to raid during the day. We raided today in a half guild half pug-mode, and we did Ruby Sanctum 10 (another reason to be happy) and Lich King 10. That's already a plus, because as I wrote before, I was stuck without RS10 as Arcadia downed it the week I was on holidays and we didn't go back in again. There's another countryman in the guild, which is a bonus. We'll have to see how it goes the next few weeks.

It's a happy day because there will be new graphic contents to see. New places to visit.

It's a sad day because the old World of Warcraft as we know it, will die tonight. Zul'Gurub, the most beautiful instance and the first one most raiders played, me included, 5 years ago, will die with it. Also with it, will die my hope of getting the Thekal tiger. Tomorrow we will have things like some weird tracks in Azshara, a fissure in the Barrens, and a new threat to deal with. I hope it's not too childish, /train style, I'm fed up with crap like that.

It's a sad day because the AQ40 chain quest will be partly disabled or changed.

It's a sad day because most decent persons I met during my ride have scattered through different servers, different guilds, and again and again I have to build a reputation with a new team, as I explore a scattered world.

In the last days I've been leveling up cooking to 350 for all my 10 chars. It's 100x easier this week with the Pilgrim cooking. The only annoying part is that cities are under attack all the time so the portals are intermitent. But tomorrow we won't have portals whatsoever, so I might as well finish it tonight !

Today, the 4xboss portals of the pre-Cata event were open, so I farmed a bit with my tanks for some free lvl 251 gear that may help me start tanking in Cata.



Entering in ICC again today reminded me how I am vomiting this place. I'm not sure I will enter it again. That was nearly 9 months, 3-5 times per week, 3.5 hours each time = over 500 hours inside ICC. That was *WAY* too much, now that I think of it. I remember Ripit leaving and /qguitting in the middle of a Sindra25... and I now understand how he felt. He couldn't simply be one more second inside that place. It was not polite what he did, but that's human behaviour.

My last two toons, Lonegrim and Patalogica are 77/78, and tomorrow we will have a reduction in the required XP, so I'll use it to my benefit and go up to 80 the next few days, and achieve what I did for TBC, ie, to level all 10 classes up to cap level.

So let's wait for the Shattering, and long live Deathwing !

1 comment:

dário said...

hey infelizmente percebo te bem. O pessoal expalhou-se muito. A hanna quer ir para tarren mill, e eu tou no kazzak e chrommagus e para te ser honesto nao tenho vontade nenhuma de começar do 0 no tarren mill. Posso transferir o main para la, mas depois ia ter de andar a saltar de server pa server, visto ter os meus amigos da faculdade no kazzak.... Pa nao sei bem como hei de resolver isto.
Kanto a raids sim ICC ja mete nojo. Eu parei de raidar pai em setembro ou foi agosto. ja nem me recordo. Sei k tou com gear de ilvl 251 e algumas armas de ilvl 264 e ja nao podia ver ICC a frente ou wipar da forma estupida k wipavamos. Pura e simplesmente nao tenho paciencia. Kando ao shattering isto ta giro. Quests novas e tal, mas nada me chama a atenção para voltar a levelar do 0.
Achei piada porque ontem ja vi pessoal com as motas dos goblins em orgrimmar. Farmaram BRD usando um bug num boss e em 3 horas ficaram exalted e foram buscar as mounts.