Speak to me !

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Of raiding.. and of Healing and Tanking

For starters, yesterday was a memorable day: I crossed the 10000 achievements boundary, in style :), reaching 525 in First Aid (damn so many bandages for that crap).



Last night, I *finally* kick started my cataclysm raid era by going into Baradin Hold with my italian guild Vindication and killing Algaloth. On the first try, a few of us noobilized and stayed 3-4 yards from our tank, so we died. Or that, or there was no dispelled. On the second try, it came down easily, with me doing ~13k dps. It was not perfect, far from that, and as one can see from recount, there was a hunter doing 16k dps. I've got 351 iLvl, 5 epics, the same as him. So, that's my target, 16k on Algaloth. I tested a bit on training dummies before I went in, and I was doing 11.5k unbuffed.

Tbh I find it it weird that a ranged with 350 iLvl can reach 16k dps on a single-target 5 min. fight. And as I've seen from 4.0.6, they are nerfing warlocks and buffing hunters so... I think Blizzard balance teams are getting worse.

A confirmation of this fact is what I found out this week. My priest is i329 with 2K spirit and 68K mana. Every time I go into a normal dungeon, I finish most bosses with no mana (Siamat,or the 1st boss in Vash'r dungeon, etc), and have to use shadowfiend and sometimes hymn of hope and even kill myself to allow free healing for the last seconds. I tried 1 heroic and I suffered like hell to heal the 1st boss in Vahs'r. I suceeded, but I left as I was too fed up to continue. Then I went as a paladin tank with a druid healer. The healer had also i329. Guess what ? At the end of the fight, he had above 60% mana. What was the difference ? Ok, may be it was because I was tanking. I as a tank was healing myself, mitigating damage on me and others through the use of my abilites. It could be that most tanks are absolute idiots and all they do is threat + dps and don't care about their party. But even so, things are very unbalanced, and from what I saw in the 4.0.6 notes, holy priests are not getting buffed (oh yeah, 15% in Circle of healing..:P)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?

No comments: