Speak to me !

Friday, January 21, 2011

The silly game mechanics

Things were supposed to change from WOTLK to Cataclysm. They haven't. It's true, you can now perform some crowd-control.. if you want. But most times, tanks can tank it all (I have done it in normal, and works fine). Bosses are still ridiculously easy, specially in normal mode. In heroics, you should CC, and depending on tank and healer, you must, but you are not obliged to.
Also, the gearing process is still the same. If you want to raid, you cannot go inside in greens, like it was in vanilla, when you could go with greens to Molten Core, provided you knew exactly what to do. Now ? No way. Not only you have the abject GearScore/iLvl , you also need achievements, otherwise you can't join any pugs. And even if you want, you cannot join a guild raid because in iLvl333 blue (so called rare) gear, you cannot do it. You need a mix of heroic lvl346 and raid359 gear to start raiding.
Supposedly.
I haven't done it yet. After rejoining by $home guild, I found out it is still void of active players, so I now joined an italian guild called Vindication, which will soon start raiding and will do only 2 raid days a week.
That is more than enough for me at this point.
My warlock has 346 iLvl gear, and has been doing up to 14k dps single target in heroic bosses. It still lacks about 4% hit for raids, but he should do reasonable well in the first raid bosses.
My paladin and priest are being geared also, and farming rep in normal.
I've started running Karazhan (finally got exalted) for the mount, and also found out it can be a huge source of farming, since the mobs drop gold equivalent to Cataclysm mobs.
I've also started trying to solo AQ40 bosses for reputation. The first boss is utterly hard to solo, due to its mechanics (mind controls and cast interruptions), but I've managed to solo it with my priest. Sartura was pretty easy to solo. I've also tried soloing Kurinaxx but it worked badly, as we get trapped and get a healing debug. But i'lll solve the problem soon, I hope.
In the near future, I'll try to dualbox some BlackTemple and HyjalPast trash and/or bosses.
I have the dream of dualboxing TK for the ashes of A'lar, but I don't think I have a chance for now. May be with better gear.
PVP wise, I've been doing some runs, and finding again that I'm good at it, when everyone has the same gear level as me, ie, most people have <1000 resilience, and when I go for demonology, my oldschool spec.
Need to get some more time to play.

1 comment:

dário said...

hehe o gearscore/ilvl foi uma pessima adição. Vejo pessoal a pedir ilvl 346 ou mais alto para Tol Barad... Anda tudo louco...
Eu ultimamente ando mto nas calmas, e fazer as dailies para mounts/armas de tol barad, depois se tiver o myth ou outro colega meu online uma heroica, se não vou para o goblin no kazzak levelar um pouco. Kanto a farmar old dungeons, lamento dizer te mas nao consegues fazer dual box ao kael thas. Ele faz um mc a duas pessoas e se so tiveres 2 toons na party a ele faz mc e a luta faz reset...
Eu keria fazer black temple mas nao esta facil, no kazak so tenho o myth e um colega meu k e shaman no tarren mill tenho a vanta, no chrommagus nao faço ideia. Ja nao me logo la faz perto de um mês...
Quando tiveres online falamos melhor. Abraço