Speak to me !

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Drôle de guerre

As the french in 1940 before the Germans attacked them, I'm also in standby, leveling alts and waiting for something to happen.

Supposedly, my new casual 2-day raid guild will start raiding tomorrow. Tbh, it is likely that at the end of the raid I will simply stop forever, such is my lack of focus. Arcadia, my old guild, is to be blamed. I enjoyed being part of a real team. But a team is not a bunch of people that get together to play. There must be something else a chemistry, and most times, there isn't. Arcadia had it. May be I will get lucky with Vindication, who knows. I've been running some weekly Baradin Hold, and it's been working.

At the moment, Star Wars: Galaxies and LOTRO are my favorite MMORPG. Actually Portucale Electus, my LOTRO guild, is very good, it has a mix of core and casual players, and the core players *do* help the casuals, by running dungeons with them, helping in quests, etc. It's the LOTRO magic :)

Meanwhile i'm lacking guts to try tanking a heroic. I got 332 iLvl with about 120K hp with Moonprince my paladin.

Ah, last but not least, my druid tank reached 85, and the last weeks were spent with Clarabela, healing her cowy way up to 84. Soon she too will reach the peak.

WoW lost the edge for me. May be it was because of the AQ40 scepter mess, may be it was just because i'm playing since 2005 and ... it's a long time. Overall, it's for sure because of the kind of players you get in PUG's. It's so so so different from LOTRO. Players are so much more fun, kind, mature..yep that's the word. It's a game tuned for adults while WoW has become a youngster's game. Too funny, at the same time too professional, too "rated". There are no /recounts in LOTRO. Enough said.

Today I'm going to subscribe Galaxies, as I've been having fun with the game, and I will keep playing until Star Wars the Old Republic, comes out. Then we'll see.

2 comments:

dário said...

wow 2005? eu comecei um ano ou dois depois de ti e ja me sinto cansado tb. E sim as pugs deram cabo do jogo. So que de momento não sou capaz de largar o wow.
Ja testei o lotro mas nao consegui gostar daquilo. nao sei se foi os graficos, mas sou capaz de testar novamente. Aquilo agora e free to play nao e? Se for ainda testo, caso contrario testo o World of Tanks (mmo de tanques da WWII) ou o black prophecy.

alex said...

nice blog.. keep blogging..

Edina MN Realty
Tapshop321
Carrollton Dentist
Sitka Alaska Fishing Trips
House Cleaning RI