Speak to me !

Monday, March 14, 2011

Morkin, the son of the Moonprince of Midnight

My first char, Morkin the Warrior, reached 85 today, tanking through dungeons from 83 upwards. Comparing with druid and pala and DK, it's the one I had more trouble doing dps, and keeping aggro. Why ? Because, when a tank gets to 84 and starts to tank normal 84-85 dungeons, it gets a sometimes big.. problem.

The problem is of course, that aggro machines with iLvl35X doing 20K are using normal instances to cap their reputation with the Cataclysm factions. So.. a poor geared 310-320 iLvl level 84 tank like me suddenly has to keep aggro on 4-5 mobs that are being nuked by those BWD/.. geared players that usually have no respect whatsoever for whoever is tanking, attacking multiple mobs in the 1st second of the fight, draining the mana out of healers due to spurious aggro, and forcing the tank to keep all its senses 120% alert to keep the mobs focused on him while doing 1/4 of the dps. Grim'Batol Trol'vir, or Origination Halls. Nightmarish :)

Tell me about playability..

But I'm 85 now, so things will get better as I get some gear towards i329.

No comments: