Speak to me !

Thursday, January 05, 2012

WOW: Free week and Dragon Soul .. AH AH AH

I went back to WoW to check whether 4.3 is worth playing.
From what I saw, it is NOT.
Except, of course, if you want to see all the content in one day and be done with it.

There are three new instances, one new raid, which can be entered, and conquered, by anyone, because Blizzard implemented a "look for raid", which gives loot and is (at least from a dps point of view) the easiest thing ever done.

Come on, downing a boss in DS25-LFR is as difficult as the first boss in old Deadmines.

I checked on the prerequisites, it was 370 iLvl or so. I went from 359 to 370 in 2-days by a bit of farming for Justice Points and the three new heroics.

Today I did the first 4 bosses. It was either nuke boss or "go where the other 24 are going and kill whatever they are killing". No strategy, no communication, no "I'll do this". Nothing.

I can't imagine how Deathwing is going to last more than 24 hours, because the next 4 and last bosses will probably be as easy as these first 4.

Oh dear...comparing with BWL and AQ40.. what a joke.

What else happened ?

I suspended RIFT, of course, since I'm now level 50.
My LOTRO minstrel Janariel completed all the questing, and now all that remains are a few deeds and some fun time with 3-instances with my RL pals.
SWTOR...my new PC is still under consideration. And part of it (PVP) is for me atm unplayable. Some PVE parts, the ones with lots of ppl around me, also not. I look at WoW and think that they did a very good job limiting CPU usage. Yes, in 25-raids my machine goes down, or in populated areas. But I can run everywhere on more empty servers (like Chrommaggus) and get 50 fps, continuously.
In SWTOR, I get 10-40 fps. And it oscillates a LOT, with the CPU usage always at 100% for both cores.

2 comments:

aesyr said...

não sabia que ainda ias ao Wow. Já não vou lá há séculos. Felizmente desisti a tempo antes de meterem o looking for raid... Quanto ao Star wars sei que não estás satisfeito e que aquilo puxa pela tua máquina, mas acredita, se meteres um novo cpu e uma grafica melhor o jogo vai te correr bem melhor. Outra coisa que tens de fazer e que ganhas uns bons 20 fps ou mais é baixares os settings todos daquilo para minimum nos graficos mantendo apenas o character detail no high. O teu char fica a parecer sempre giro e o resto baixa um pouco a qualidade que nem notas e o jogo fica muito melhor. Eu ate 5ª da semana que vem infelizmente não vou ter mto tempo, pk a minha namorada tá ca na ilha mas depois avisa me como fica se alterares definições.

Pedro Lucas said...

A gráfica tá porreira. Sempre que há pouca gente à volta aquilo vai logo para os 60fps ou aí e tanto faz ter settings graficos hi ou low, mantém-se sempre ok. O prob. é quando estou nas cidades com npcs ou com mts mobs ou players. É como o wow, é prob. de cpu puro. Mas a coisa já se está a arranjar. Vem lá i5 2500k upgrade. Era complicado pq tinha de arranjar uma MB que ainda suportasse IDE, tenho o ambiente de trabalho todo em discos IDE e não posso saltar para SATA por agora.