Speak to me !

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Emperors Reborn

This weekend I had some real fun MMO'ing.

It started with me finally completing the achievement for killing Arthas in Heroic 25 mode. So many fools playing this game, made it a disgrace. Old Arthas made good fun of a lot of them for many weeks, watching them fly across the icy platform because of Shadow Traps, or wiping the raid because of defile. Finally, I had a lucky shot with a group where the idiots died soon and the remaining knew what to do, so down he came.
The funny part is that the run was exclusively to get a mount for the RL, that was paying 300K to the one highest roller. It didn't drop. May be I join next week LOL

It then proceeded with me going to Firelands and 1-shotting all the bosses, including Ragnaros. I was the only one in <390 gear (383i atm), so ofc it wasn't as hard as it was a few months ago, but for me it felt good. I was not dps racing, but I actually did some good numbers in the fights where destro is good. Other fights are a disgrace for this spec. We had gone on Tuesday, but only did 6/7.

Finally, we quickly went to BWD to kill Nefarian, and we 1-shotted it. The strategy feels really basic. Ofc it was easy because the boss was tuned for i359 gear, but still bot he and Onyxia kick ass.

Then I switched to LOTRO to help a friend with some quests in the Pit of Iron, and finished the day inside SWTOR.

SWTOR is growing bigger in my appreciation level. It's now approaching 4 out of 5, passed LOTRO :) . I entered in my 2nd month of subscription, and started leveling more seriously. Netgold, my Bounty Hunter, is lvl 20. Both my pals have reached 49-50 and are ready for heroics, so time to step up my game.

My 2500K machine will be ready this week, hopefully. Z68, SSD cache, 4GHz, 1600DDR3, all the new crap.

Ah, nearly forgot, I went dualboxing again..PVE raiding ! Yes, LFR allows it, and I can even trade items between my chars. Tarithel is shadow-specced, around 375i, so it's more than enough to be among the top 15 dps :)
Silly me, won the first two items for my kid's priest because I couldn't trade them (need to be in the same guild, I guess) for my lock. I would have 4pc by now.

Oh well... next week I'm going with the guild, hopefully it will be fun

4 comments:

aesyr said...

Lol é pá a quantidade de tansos que ainda wipam em icc 25 e assustadora :p
Eu este fim de semana fiz o meu primeiro raid no swtor, foi apenas o 1º boss porque o segundo wipou nos e bem :p Aquilo tá é cheio de bugs ainda. Do genero aterras no flight path dentro da instancia e morres assim sem mais nem menos.
Fora isso foi divertido. Ja tenho uns 3 a 4 epicos (fiz uma asneira em k ganhei um epico de pvp, num saco, mas quando fui trocar o token pelo item enganei-me e trouxe o item de operative em vez de sniper... Embora o possa usar, aquilo vai ficar para o meu healing companion rofl.
Ui foste buscar SSD, muito bom :p
Eu tenho de ir buscar disco novo tambem que o meu é de 2006/2007 e ta super fraco. Tenho load times enormes no jogo a pala disso. Apos o disco tenho de trocar a grafica e fico com maquina completamente nova.

Pedro Lucas said...

Yep, disco sofre muito com estes megafiles. Vou experimentar SSD caching. Já tenho o CPU agora é tempo para montar a tralha toda.

aesyr said...

nao tenho liquidez para comprar SSD neste momento visto estarem tão caros, e nao vale a pena arranjar nada mais pequeno que 200 gigas.
Por isso quando comprar compro disco de 1tb normal. Certamente será melhor que o meu atual disco.

Pedro Lucas said...

ya, se queres SSD para substituir um SATA, ainda está muito caro, não vale a pena. A vantagem da motherboard Z68 é que podes comprar um SSD pequeno, 60GB é o ideal, e ela usa o SSD como cache dos programas que mais usas no teu HD SATA automaticamente. Ficas só com uma drive C: mas com dois discos. Isto é a teoria, espero no fim de semana por a coisa em prática :)