Speak to me !

Saturday, February 07, 2009

5 Bosses down in Naxxramas I [Arachnid Quarter]


Yay !

This week I tried a somewhat weird spec, without insta casts (no conflag,no shadowburn) but giving a situational dps improvement, namely in AoE, due to crit and spell power increase. I can now come to terms with mages in trash. On bosses, I lost Chaos Bolt and conflagrate, but at the same time Incinerate improved, so dps remained roughly the same. Pet (imp) improved by around 150 dps to 300 dps. Strangely enough, I saw a lock in VoA with EXACTLY the same spec and similar gear (but with 2x more haste) where his imp did 450 dps. WTF ?

But anyway, even with this spec I was flabbergasted (again) in Heroic UK when a mage with half gear 70 epic, a few 75/77 and a few 80 greens was able to do 3K AoE DPS, exactly the same DPS I do with rain of fire in full 80 blue/epic gear. Blizzard ?




Last night we went for a Naxx-only raid, as we'd gone to VoA+OS already.

We started with Anub'Rekhan and it was like farming.

LOCK SELF-HINT: Pet can and should be up for the entire fight.

Grand Widow Faerlina was next. Down she went. Ppl learned to move from rain of fire. With my imp giving me fire resistance, I think I could not move at all and compensate some time later with a pot/HS but move I did.

LOCK SELF-HINT: Pet can and should be up for the entire fight.

Then came our last-week nemesis, Maexxna. I think we downed her in 2-3 tries. Our tank moved her ass right to our faces. Tbh, the position is terrible in terms of camere view, you have your butt against the wall and the camera must be looking from the front, which makes it a bit hard to quickly find the webbed dudes if u fail to see them flying. But I did ok. The enrage is a trade off problem, if adds dont die soon and u have to start aoe'ing'em, u don't nuke her. Same with saving webbed ppl. It was a close call.

LOCK SELF-HINT: I didn't use pet for this fight because of Web Spray. It generates about 3K dmg, imp has 10k, but with all the adds/etc, it can be hard to health funnel. On the other hand, that's 300 free dps. I think I'll activate it next fight... I think I did activate it for the enrage period though. Probably that's the right thing to do.

With this, Arachnid Quarter achievement done.

No comments: