Speak to me !

Saturday, January 31, 2009

First official raid and gear problems

Yay, Sartharion down, and two bosses in Naxx's Arachnid Quarter down.

And today, VoA and my first Gladiator gloves ! YAY !

But... as I said before, something continues to be dead wrong with locks. Or at least with this lock. Once again, I went flat out dps on some mobs, like Sartharion drakes, and still I was about 10% below a guildie mage with the so called imba arcane spec with no epics, no enchants, and less spell power (200 or 500, counting Fel Armor).

I go on forums, and there's a lot of talk of ppl whining about the same. The difference may vanish for equally 213 epic items geared players, but for entry-level raiding, it sure is huge.

One way is to use my imp more. As it was my 1st time in wotlk 10-men, I'm still a bit uncertain about imp survivability, but guess I'll have to activate it, giving me 150 dps more. Even so, it's not enough.

My spec is 0/13/56, should maximize single target dps.

I could use 0/41/30, the so called 90% popularity spec, with felguard cleaving each and every mob.

Problems with this spec ?
- Glyphs are too different, instead of Immolate+Conflagrate Glyph.
- I'll have to use Felguard+CoA glyph, and use CoA+Corr+Imo+Incinerate spam. It may help my dps, but it will remove the 10x1.3K HP blood pact offers. On the other hand, we got a warrior in raid, meaning shout, that doesnt stack with blood pact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 bosses down em naxx :P
quanto ao teu lock não te preocupes. tou pior que tu com o meu rogue. o desgraçado ja tem uns 4 ou 5 epicos e não consigo passar dos 1.5k dps... E se um mob fizer cleave ou espirrar ou algo do genero morro logo..... Maravilha ter 4k armor e tar em melee range...