Speak to me !

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crusader's Arena Nightmare and a big DPS push

The last two days, we tried TOC10, and we downed the first and second bosses.

The first one was easy, the group knew what to do, and the Yeti came down fast.

The second one, Jaraxxus, took two tries, most of the group had never seen him, but it's easy. Just dps the boss, turn to adds if they show up, move if you've got the Legion Flame on you, and keep away of the portal and of the volcanos. That's about it for dps'ing.
For healers it's a bit more complicated, because of Incinerated Flesh and the need to heal 30K or so in order to disable the healing absorption.
Fire resistance helps, Shadow ward too.

The third one (I think it's the latest one) was... a nightmare.
It's been a few years since I've done Arena 5v5, actually I did pretty well as priest in TBC, but I never locked it that much.
Oh well, the Faction champions is 6 vs 10.
In our random 6, there came a resto druid, a shammy, a priest, a lock, a paladin and a warrior.

I'm sure Blizzard must be having tons of fun in Arenas training these guys, because they are so tuned, so tuned, it's damn hard to get a single one down.

We've been struggling, most notably as our group composition is not so good, and we keep trying to go for the druid, or for the shammy, and the other one heals the first one. CC works very badly, banish lasts for 1 sec or so, Fear is a bit better, but PVP rules rule so after 3 casts, immune they become.

We downed the druid once, but our group was scattered already.

A pain.


On the bright side, I got a belt drop in TOC10, and I upgraded all my emblems of conquest gear, meaning I'm now T8.25 4/5 with a conquest necklace.

The amazing part is that, if I keep the T7.5 and a TOC5 HC gear, I get roughly the same DPS, ye, about 4500 DPS on Dummy, with a peak DPS nearing 5K.

That's pretty impressive, considering I've beaten the 5K dps record in VOA the day before.

I can't wait to test my new gear on Patchwerk, Emalon, etc.

Heroics are ridiculous now, last night I went with a good PUG, and we slaughthered a lot of instances, UK in 20 mins, HOS in 30 mins, including all achievements, etc. A laugh, it almost looks like a private server.

No comments: