Speak to me !

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trial of the Crusader for Dummies (Boss 1)

Our guild tried TOC25 normal and failed, as ppl kept doing the same mistakes, part of them went inside without looking at the videos, etc. The usual /sigh.

So the next day we tried TOC10. And it worked, although it took some time for everyone to understand what to do and when.

We killed it, and I came out top dps on the kill attempt. Rewarding for me.

But shame, I overaggroed once and died on a previous attempt. Kick me.

Here it goes (from a DPS perspective, of course, nearly no references for healer and tanks):

Phase 1: Gormok
- Tank tanks (it's a bit + complicated but...)
- Ranged and healers spread apart, far away from him to avoid a stomp.
- Run away from fire patches.
- When snobolds appear on the back of anyone, most DPS (at least ranged) kill it.
- When snobolds stop coming, nuke the boss.
It's really easy. The only problem is when DPS are asleep and 3-4 snobolds get behind ppl, so they can't dps, heal, etc, as they get interrupted.

Phase 2: Acidmaw and Dreadscale
- Dot Dreadscale a bit (weakness too if possible, helps the tank+healer)
- Nuke Acidmaw.
- Acidmaw will poison ppl, I noticed not one, but several ppl at one time, so it seems to be zone oriented. Poisoned ppl will get paralyzed soon, so they have to run to whoever get Burning Bile. In the beginning, only the Dreadscale tank will get Biled, so run to him or paralyze and die as he can't come to you. Lock teleport helps. A poisoned person gets green. A biled person gets a burning fire around him.
- After they both go underground the first time, 2 ppl will get a Burning Bile, ie, Dreadscale tank and a random, so... beware, it burns ppl around, so stay spread.. and away from Dreadscale cone !
- When Acidmaw is dead, nuke Dreadscale. Dreadscale will get 50% + dmg, so either keep Weakness or COE/COD.
- Biled persons must be healed through.
- I once died suddenly from a Dreadscale attack (non-agro) and I couldnt check on log what happened. But it looks like I got a Burning Bile and a Fire Spit in short succession (1sec), as I lost >24k HP. I nearly used my HS but it was so fast...
- Both mobs go underground and back up, and seem to reset aggro(?).
- On Dreadscale, my aggro suddenly went skyrocket, he came for me and bye bye. Didn't understand what happened as I was around 50% last time I checked (usually I do a threat check every 2-3 secs)
- Use Fire/Nature resistance Auras/Totems/Aspect.
This is the critical phase, once you killed these, you have it in the pocket !

Phase 3: Icehowl
- A bit yeti, tank him and wait for his charge.
- Sends everyone against the walls.
- Never EVER be with your back to a gate, a bug will get you frozen and you'll die.
- After he stuns everyone, he'll charge someone, rotating to his direction, going backwards and then charging. During this time, you get free and a speed buff, so RUN SIDEWAYS like hell. If you are on a corner with a pillar on your side (take your time while stunned to rotate the camera and find out where you are), run to the opposite side of the pillar)
- If he kills someone, he'll probably wipe the raid, as he gets enraged. If not, he gets stunned (head on the wall hurts), and takes more damage for 10 secs , so use your cooldowns and beat him. Aggro can be a problem, I noticed the Omen alarm at the 9-10 sec mark as I was overdpsing.
- He has an artic breath that freezes ppl and does frost dmg. Frost Aura or Totem.
That's about it, easy boss, as long as you don't lag, or don't go AFK when he charges !

The loot ?
It dropped some mail stuff and a Wand, that I lost against a fellow Lock.
Meanwhile I've got DKP for sale, as I can't use it. May be on TOC25, that I will miss next Sunday because I'll be in Alentejo :(

No comments: