Speak to me !

Friday, January 30, 2009

Lunar Achievement and lunatic thoughts


During the last days, I've been completing the Lunar Festival Achievements. Task done.
I've also geared up, running mostly guild heroics, and having a nice time.
That said, I've now got enough badges for a T7, and I've bought a few epics, having a total of 5. I've also have ~1900 sp while hit capped, both for heroics and 10/25-raids. It feels good not to miss a hit.

DPS-wise, many talent points in demonology were fun for PVP and some PVE, but I'm not so confortable in being a meleee dude and charging mobs for the imba fire aura damage in heroics. In raids, it would probably be not so great. Still, I dearly miss 0/55/16. Fel synergy should help but...well, the amazing demonic pet would also be a nice raid buf.. we shall see.

So, I tried destro fire specs.
- 0/41/30 with felguard was in my mind, but that means a pet control that i'm not so fan of, playing hunter, where I have to watch for his hp, meaning loosing time. I might try that later when my gear is better.
- 0/40/31, with imp out, using CoE,Imo,Corr,Incinerate and Conflagrate on bosses, and AOE rain of fire like hell in trash. It was nice to have 30% crit as base, but surprisingly, dps didn't go up much. Also, survivability was not so good, and mana issues came up a bit.
- 0/13/58, with imp out, and the fabulous Chaos bolt, plus utilities like spell -near-imunity, self healing and self-mana regeneration. The result was nice, and I'm now able to do nearly 1900 dps in VoA-25 and around 2K in some heroic bosses. In PVP, things are also not so bad, since the conflagrate now speeds up the next incinerate and chaos bolt. The bad part is a loss of 200 spell power and 12%crit, which has impact in my AoE/trash dps. But tbh, my overall dps was much better than with 0/40/31.

Thank god for recount and dummy targets and shame on Blizz for charging some 50 gold per respecc.

PVP-wise, been doing some more arenas with Tarithel; last week was better, I won 3 or 4 out of 10, all against the same team of a pally + priest. They pwned Tari, but then I pwned both of them. Destro rocks. Also been doing WG. It's a dumb battleground, much more difficult to control what happens than in WSG/AB. It's also laggy and slow inside the fortress. But it gives honor and gold from dailies, plus VoA.

Achievement-wise, I'm now exalted with Wyrmrest and Oracles. I'm doing a daily run in STV to become Guardian of Cenarius, 3 more runs and it's done.

A crazy, lunatic thought came to my mind, which is to become Hero of Shattrah, requiring me to switch from Scryers to Aldor. But after doing a single repeatable quest, taking 15 mins to do it, and learning that I need 130 quests to get out of Hated.. ZOMG ! No chance.

Finally, I've been practising Shadow Priest with Tarithel dualboxing. Not so bad, I can do above 1K dps with 70 gear (1200 sp +/-)!

No comments: