Speak to me !

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cleared Naxx 10 and a fantastic Simcraft DPS simulator

GZ me 6 months later, I cleared Naxxramas normal on a single night with the guild.
Had my debut on Gothik and the four Horsemen.
It was tons of fun to do Gothik as we did, the whole raid together aoe blasting the incoming crowd when the gate opened.
The Four Horsemen was a bit harder as I thought it wrong that the tank would switch corners, and then found out that the tank retreated to the place he was at the beginning. After I got that, it got better.
We also tried Kel'thuzad achievement but somehow failed when nearly all abominations had been pulled.. or do they respawn ? to check later.

As to my dps, not so bad, I came 2nd behind an offguild druid, and did exactly 2505 overall. I went with my 0/41/30 felguard thing.

- Felguard went thru Heigan easily, had to health funnel a bit. May be next time I'll use the imp for this fight to maximize dps, but I think it was OK.
- On Thaddius had to dismiss him and call him back for the jump.
- On Gluth didn't do it thinking may be they had fixed it. They didn't, so I had to recall him again.
- On Kel'thuzad, he went ok, with no damage, until he died suddenly after a few minutes. Some fellow locks report the same, have to check wether it has to do with the same thing affecting melee.. anyway, imp might be better for the fight as it'll be by my side. The only sh*t is void zones from nearby players.

All in all, my gear can now cope with Naxx10 with a blast.

That said, I found a fantastic simulator from the ElitistJerks. Being coded in C++, it is amazingly easy to change, so I started changing it, e.g. adding my gear to it, namely "Mark of the War prisioner".

Here's a snapshot of a simulation after my changes.

It's so much easier to test gem/gear/glyph/talent changes instead of using the Test Dummy "after" I paid for the change.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you finally have something vaguely positive to say about the new guild and us "damn tanks". Naxx isnt dead by any means and tbh, you were just very unlucky on that run, and as a consequence of that run, 6 people have been gkicked.
I'll look forward to the next set of appraisals and pleasant comments..

Jaff.

Pedro Lucas said...

Yo Paul.
I never believe on things at first sight, I'm a disbeliever by nature, it's a brain problem lol.

But yesterday's run changed that.

I saw a damn good guild run, ppl were really focused, happy to be doing it, and I'm glad to actually have been able to help on that.

Now comes the time to perfectionism, ie, Patchwerk in < 3 mins, etc :)