Speak to me !

Sunday, September 13, 2009

25-raids and the "many ppl" problem

What's the problem with 25-raids ?

As I mentioned sometime in the past, 10-raids are more difficult because everyone, and their death, is more important. That is true, but the opposite also applies. If you're good in your task, you also are more important than you are on 25-raid, as you need 2.5 good ppl to match your role. Which means that if you don't find 1.5 more effective ppl to do your task, your raid is screwed.

Still, it was fun to watch as we struggle to do a guilkd+guests run, but when we did a last try with guild-only members, it worked fine.

Well, not fine for me, fuck, because we lost a shadow priest after the guests left, I didnt notice until the boss entered the arena, and although it still talks for 10secs or so, you're already in combat, so no equip change. Long story short, my +3% hit went down the drain, so I missed a lot, specially conflagrates. 8% of those :( ... well, better play safe and always go for +hit gear.

After we downed the 1st trio, we tried the Demon Lord, but the best we did was 50%. Infernos are a problem, they don't spawn at the same time, and as I noticed, the volcanos like to spawn on our feet... on my feet, twice, to be exact. Supposedly we AOE them, but our offtank was never able to collect them and have them in one place, I think they tend to wander a lot. I don't want to think on what hard mode will look like. Insane.

As an addenda, our Vent chat was limited to 25, and we noticed 3 others in Arena chat, 2 of them not guildies, and so we told them to get out. It didnt go well, they pissed the officers off, so they were kicked/gkicked, then came into our vent to make noises, so we had to change the passwd, costing time, etc, etc.
In between, I was told that some dude I had invited to the guild, on request of a guildie, had already been gkicked months before. Luckily I had not invited the Vent offender, but anyway, ppl was pissed off because many RANDOMS are found in guild and some class leaders have been inviting them. So, request from GM: "NO MORE RANDOM INVITATIONS".

Lesson learned: I will never, EVER, invite ppl to the guild. There's a forum, let ppl make applcations, talk to guild leader, whatever.


On a different note, alting and AV leveling: Dear Lord: PVP leveling is so much faster. Every AV full win gives about 150K XP, that's about 1 hour of PVE. What's best, I can dualbox it. So I'm setting these 2 groups and have been dualboxing them.
DK72+Pala72
Rogue72+Warrior72
I'm loving to play retradin. It's soooo much easier now than back at lvl 60. There are 2 instant casts now that work like IWIN buttons: Divine Storm and Crusader Strike. Also seals are glued for 30 mins, no need to refresh them, only judge them. Bah. Too easy.

What I need to do is to train tanking now, but still undecided which char to go. Warrior, probably.

No comments: