Speak to me !

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

TOC: A miss and a big hit !

The last days, I missed a TOC10 run where the guild killed the faction champions.
I was sad not to have participated in the kill, but we nearly got ppl for 25 runs, so we must give everyone a chance to participate and learn the fights.

Yesterday, I went in to see the Twin Valkyr fights. Tbh, as I did not go the day before, I had not learned the fight, so I had to watch the video and look at the WoWWiki info in a rush. I hate that, I like to prepare in advance. Then, we tried them, 5 times, and down she came, after we settled the role for everyone to hunt the orbs.




The fight is surprisingly easy, once you know what to do.
Two Valkyrs, a dark and a light one.
The raid is evenly divided in two.
Lets take the raid fighting the DarkBane.
-That raid must click on a Light portal for its essence, to get a buff.
-Then its nuke time until orbs show up.
-Because you're light, you hunt light orbs. If you touch a dark orb, you get 7K damage, but if you touch a light orb, you get a speed and damage buff. So.... forget about DPS'ing, dot the boss and take your time to collect orbs.
-Each Valkyr will trigger 2 special abilities: Vortex and heal (actually, a few more, but I think this sums it up)
-If e.g. Darkbane triggers Dark Vortex, all light essenced players must hurry to click on a dark portal to get dark essenced. Failure to do so will kill you
-If e.g. Darkbane triggers a heal process, it's also shielded so u have to unshield and then interrupt the heal. For this, all the dark dps ppl have to click on a light portal to get light essenced and dps her. When the heal has been interrupted, you click on your dark portal and get back to dpsing your Lightbane.
That's about all. I got a nice pair of boots from the fight, I was the only clothie.
Unfortunately, unless I get hit capped, I wont be able to use them as I miss 43 hit :(

Then........ we nearly got enough ppl for 25-TOC, so we asked a few 2-3 ppl from another guild, namely a very good hunter and we tried it. I dpsed quietly until the end and down the 3 bosses came. The fucking yeti targeted me once when I was stunned against a pillar, but now I learned what to do: See a pilar on one side ? run to the other :) 120 ms latency also helps.



In the end, I got an imensely good chest drop (/roll 92), but I'll have to give up my t8.5 chest. The chest without gems or enchant 30 spell power more than the t8.5 !!!

After the fights, I played with wow log analyzers a bit for practice: Here I am, top DPS on TOC10, top guild DPS on TOC25.
WoWMeterOnline
WorldOfLogs
WoWWebStats
WoWWebStats Aesyr vs Toede

EDIT: While checking the 25 fight for the effectiveness of the Mana Spring Totem (I had to lifetap 22 times!), I found out that one of the guest DK's was unholy ! Crap ! I could have Doom Cursed 10 times ! Ffs, I need an addon that tells me when there's an Unholy DK in raid ! Boomkins and Shadowpriests are easy to spot, but DKs... ok, they supposedly have a pet, but still... there should be an addon that tells us "SHADOW PRIEST IN RAID", "BOOMKIN IN RAID", "UNHOLY DK IN RAID" !!!!



Last but not least, it's September 1st and so... I got my 12th beer in the mailbox !

No comments: