Speak to me !

Friday, November 13, 2009

On being smart and the frustration of rolls.. and BARON !

If there is one thing that WarHammer added to the joy of gaming versus the stupidity farming methods of WoW is the rewarding of rare items versus the activity one does, normalized with the role and with the gear. It is way better than rewarding based on RNG rolls.
Two examples of why I agree follow:

Last week I lost a Tarasque blade (for the 2nd time) with a roll 91 to a mage that rolled 99, but did much less dps with the same gear as me on a boss that requires no special mage handling (dispel,cc, etc).

And this week I lost Triumph gloves with a roll 90 to a lock that rolled 97 and did... less than half of my damage on Koralon Heroic, again, a boss where dps go flat out.




Is that rewarding ? No it isn't. One may argue, ok, but that's the only way lower geared ppl will get rewards. Well, fix it. Make it so that when someone rolls and looses, the next roll will be tuned for higher value and guarantees a 3rd drop. Whatever.


Ok, next topic, being smart. Guess what ? I found an AOE spot that gives (for DK or pala farming) up to 900K XP per hour. You've read it right, 900K XP in one hour ! Being a nice chap, I'm gonna tell you where it is. I was there at 70 with Net+Tari but it was a bit hard as there was no plate. Well, I now have Moonprince at 76, Shareth at 76, Morkin at 74, courtesy of Alterac Valley and... the Valgarde gate. Mobs give no loot, but reward imba XP, plus we get help from the guards and they respawn in seconds. Live and learn :P





Last topic... mins ago, I got myself the Deatcharger mount ! Baron Rivendare finally yielded, after 67 runs (probably 75+ but I didnt count the first ones).
1-(1-.01)^67=49%, so I was one of the lucky 49% that get the mount in the first 67 runs... not much luck, but not unlucky either. Thank you RNG.
And the grand total is now 97, 3 mounts to go !!

No comments: