Speak to me !

Thursday, November 19, 2009

On LOTRO giving a free week starting Nov 23

Title says it all. Codemasters informed me that on Nov 23 they will reactivate all LOTRO accounts giving them a free week.

My hunter Jadena has been hibernating for the last year or so, but may now I will subscribe it.

I've been playing AION, now with a lvl 11 cleric, and now I know why it felt like Asian: It's made in Korea. Some guy told me it was actually a game for Koreans, that they adapted for the Western side. The look&feel truly remarks Silkroad or others like it.

Good things:
- The overall graphic detail is better. Better trees, better grass, better buildings.
- The gear graphics is stunning, much much better than WoW.
- New areas to visit. I'm utterly bored with Northrend and Outland.
- There are a enhancements to the character profile, like power shards and self-enchanting.
- The chain talent usage is funny. It's like e.g. you can use conflagrate and Incinerate on the same key. After you press Conflagrate, it turns to Immolate. /castsequence or something similar.


Bad things:
- The movement is not as smooth as Warcraft, although the FPS are the same or better.
- The title thing seems ridiculous: I got a "Raider Hero" title at lvl 10 without raiding.
- The way to level is the same as Warcraft. All quests are "Kill 10 mobs" or "Get 5 drops from mobs" or "Deliver this item to person X" or "Talk to person Z". Utterly boring.
- Cities and populated places are slow, sluggish movement.
- The story is close to that of Warcraft. The good and the evil, the Light and the Dark. Two factions only, instead of a multitude of them.
- No PVP ? I watched some Altdorf duels and that was it.
- The Lore is totally unknown to me, comparing to Tolkien or Azeroth.

Hmmm, I heard about some AION private servers. May be I'll go check it out. It isn't worth to pay a subscription just to play 1-2 days a month, and only to go sightseeing.



Back to WoW.

I was pwned by a lock in AV with 30K HP, 3K SP, etc. My 1K resilience didnt mitigate dmg at all, he 1-2 shotted me. Then I went to check his gear and achievs and become demoralized, he had nearly 10K achievs and a full relentless set.

So... after that, I respecced from Affliction PVE to Destro PVP. Tried a few games. Well, much better. A lot of dmg, a good survivability... except against rogues, when they open on me.

Tried 2v2 skirmishes.. same thing, good against all except.. rogues.

I miss my felguard and Metamorph so much ;( pity it's not bursty enough for 2v2.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm i think they are just doing these to get more subscribers imo. world of warcraft still better! /no1 eheheh!

dário said...

as for aion pvp. well m8 at level 25 you unlock a whole new area totally devoted to pvp. the abyss.
there are no bg's there. all pvp is done on the abyss and it has loads of pve quests as well. The area also has relics and keeps that give some bonuses just like wintergrasp in wow.
As for wow my sub has ran out and tbh i dunno if i will pay it. Ill let the days pass and see how it goes. currently im not playing any mmo at all. aion was fun but the grind got to me.

Pedro said...

Last week I got the H1N1. I disabled my wow subs too. May be if I have strength of will, I will use this oportunity to stop playing it for good. We had fun while it lasted.

Kap said...

Hi there!

Couldn't find your contact info so I just decided to drop you a comment here :)

Just wanted you to know that I'm a fan of your blog and read it a lot even though I don't play WoW anymore (got stuck at level 75), brings me back to those days when I still had the time to play a lot. I've been wanting to go back but may be when Cataclysm arrives.

Anyway, I made a blog post on what I believe are the 50 best WoW blogs out there on the net and I included yours in it. Hope you enjoy it. I also added you up to my blog roll!

The post can be found here: http://www.wowfreetrial.info/50-best-updated-world-of-warcraft-blogs/

Keep up the good work!

Kap

Unknown said...

Well m8 hope you get better soon. ill call you later on today to see how you are doing.
As for wow yea we had lots of fun while it lasted. Maybe you can play with me dan and dahboo in Star wars when it gets online.