Speak to me !

Friday, August 29, 2008

More core Lore

Having finished another Terry Brooks book (The Elves of Cintra, another Shannara prequel trilogy), I regained interest for RPG lore, so for the next days I won't be playing (Holidays, WoW accounts expired), but I'll concentrate in updating my Portuguese storyline view of Warcraft, updating it for TBC and probably preparing WOTLK, including Northrend updates.

Coming to think of it, it's easy to also spot similarities between Shannara's novels and Warcraft, the first ones beeing much older ofc. Examples, notably absent from JRRT, are the Tree(s) of Life, Nordrassil/Teldrassil for Warcraft, and Ellcrys in Arborlon for the Shannara megalogy.

I'd say Warcraft lore writers inspired themselves with three sources: JRRT, Ed Greenwood and Terry Brooks. Who else ?

No comments: