Speak to me !

Friday, January 08, 2010

Raiding for dps...

Raid log here.
Raids started yesterday on the new guild. We did a TOC25 with a few pugs (5+), complete in 1.5 hours, with 0 wipes, and 0 deaths (from me). I got no lucky Trophy, but no worries.

The guild seems cheerful, and committed.

What worried me a bit was the kind of talk I've heard during the raid... dps praising.

Everytime I hear about dps races, I laugh. Everytime I'm on top of dps, I NEVER talk about it. That's my nature. I wait for others to comment, and then I'll answer something, usually a joke, but nothing about how good I am, or how I need competiton otherwise it's boring, etc. World of Warcraft is not meant to be a dps fight during raids, you're supposed to fight the boss, the best way and the funniest way you can. It's all about fun, not mechanical key triggering. Besides, some classes have special duties like interrupts, CC, and players have different gear levels, so the Recount top dps list does not reflect who did the best job.


What I saw last night was exactly the opposite. Most dps had their eyes glued to recount and were fighting for the top. That's good in one way, but bad as hell as soon as discrimination kicks in. And it did kick in, for locks (in general), some talking of why Valkyr fight had no locks on top... and then some comments, that I didn't hear so well, about how easy it is to play a lock if you know how to play it (sigh) and to get a lock on top.
At the same time, Activity log was displayed for the fight, and I was nearly on top, while some top dps had their activity log last. A quick gear check shows.. wooooow !
No comments...
In general, I'd say dps fights are not at all good for staying alive in new fights, but are ok in farm raids, since some players need some competition fun.

I also heard some vents about demonology locks and how good they are.. and about Unholy DK's and how important they are because of +13% damage, a talk which seemed to have developped in the day before, meaning, these guys have been raiding but are not sure about some class contributions.

What I also checked yesterday, is that my 9500GT is not able to cope with 25-raids very well. The FPS slows down, specially in the Valkyr fight, to about 10-15 fps, and that surely affects in my dps.

So.. a new card is needed, but I've got not enough power for that. So, a new power supply is required, me thinks. Time to think about spending 150 EUR ! And.. ATI or Nvidia ???

Tonight we'll have ICC25, and I'll be able to see some new fights, hopefully.
I don't remember being specially strong in Morrowgar10, but I'll go and study a bit in the Warlock's Den, may be there are some more tips for dps improving, besides those I saw. Anyway, Spikes in ICC25 are not gonna be nice to impaled ppl. I hope the dps "racers" will be able to retarget quickly and get the spikes down.

No comments: