Speak to me !

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tanking and Healing

Back I am. After a little illness pause:

Given my guild seems to be on a pause, I decided to level my healing and tanking chars up to 80, and to have some fun without the burden of responsability that comes with having a 4 year character with 200 played days (OMG) and nearly 8K achiev.

That said, Clarabela is now 80, after leveling in instances healing only, and Morkin is now 77, tanking (I'm actually liking it, although it seems a bit more stressful than healing, as the activity must be higher).

But now that I'm 80 with a healing char, totally blue geared from the Northrend Dungeons, I thought it would be easy to switch to heroics, as100% of all dps that switch to 80 do.

Forget it !

Even healing normal Forge of Souls (may be I got a wrong group) is hard, and heroics seem out of the question, at least TOC HC.

I'm about +1400 healing gear, with nearly 15K HP and 15K mana.

I turned Northrend Dungeonmaster easily, but TOC normal still is a bit of a pain, depending on the tank and dpsers, with me doing 2200 hpr or so and the rest of the party doing <1500 dps.

To darken things up, TOC normal is hard to gather, since most DPS run immediately to heroics, TOC included, as they can happily slacker while the rest of the party does twice their own. But a healer CAN'T do that. Well, TOC normal has some good trinkets and that's what keeps those guys going there, lucky us healers.

I'm learning this as my horde guild master got an 80 in the same day I did, and he's now epic geared, while I still have not a single epic (ok a bit of bad luck in my 4-5 TOC runs)

Something is wrong with all this.

EDIT: after a lucky FoS and TOC where I greeded&got +hit spell items and cloth items, plus a resto mail chest, I now have +1521 heal.

No comments: