Speak to me !

Saturday, January 09, 2010

TOC 10 HC made easy

Raid log here.

Yesterday there was no ICC25, the guild we were supposed to go with bailed out. So I was invited to a TOC 10 HC.

God knows how my old guild struggled to down the Beasts of Northrend in Heroic with our imba healer druid, and how we failed with Jaraxxus due to lack of dps.

This time, it was easier. We cruised the first three bosses, my dps was ok, although I went in with OpenGL configured, to check if it was better in fds than D3D, and... it's not. It's way worse, <20 fps, and that reflected in my dps too. Damn !

Anyway, we only failed once in the Twins, because me and another dps died of orbs, which do a lot more damage now. Kick myself.

And finally, Anub. Anub in HC is a "little" different, specially in what relates to waiting for the off-tank to pull "both" adds to the frost patch. I failed once, when one of the adds submerged and later respawned and went straight to me, having used the soulshatter because our tank, the same from our old guild, still has some aggro-making problems (that reminds me, have to talk with him about how he can solve that).
Another thingie Anub HC has is... the kiting. In Phase 2, there are only 3 patches available (3x2 for 2 submerges), so the raid has to move in the opposite direction of the pursuiting spike, from top to bottom, and then from bottom to top. The first 3 spikes are stopped by patches (1 on the bottom, where the off-tank tanked the 2+2 adds, and 2 on top), and the 4th, it it comes to that, is saved by hands of protection. 3 of us, the "fresh ones", me included didn't know about that. I had seen videos, but every guild seemed to have different strategies. Lucky me, I got enough time to see how they did it in RGC before being spiked, but the other two didn't have the same luck, so they died.
The last thingie Anub HC has is... in P3, the Penetrating Cold. That's something for the healers do worry about, and seems to be very hard, because our HP is supposed to be very low (10-20% max) and to have a sudden burst damage that kills us fast may be hard to handle. I died once.
Long story short, we didn't make a full TOC10-HC run, but 4 out of 5 was good enough.

The only sad part was me loosing the roll for the 245 heroic off-hand to our imba mage that has the ICC10 251 off-hand equipped. But then again, I'm not playing for gear, I'm playing for fun, and I did have fun in TOC 10 HC.


On another topic.... 3.3 raid talent respeccing.
1- Afflition seems to be much better now, and same with Demonology. Personally, I don't like demonology in raids, because it forces the caster to go into melee range for the immolation aura to help in dps, and that sucks, as it requires me to know about melee positioning. But afflition.... with long 25% burn phases... yum. On the other hand, Curse of Elements seems to be mandatory for our raid casters, if we can't get a +13% damage, and in 10-raids, I'll be forced to give up CoA, which is a primary curse for Affliton.
2 - Respeccing from 3/13/55 to 0/13/58. The 3 points for suppression suck, that's for sure. But requiring 368 instead of 446 gives a lot of flexibility in what relates to gear. However... with this new guild, a few specs like Boomkin or SP seem to show up, so it'll help me getting the +3% hit, although I don't like that very much because of "sudden deaths" and the vanishing of the effect in midfight.


Last... DK Unholyness and the stacking (or not) with Curse of Elements.
AFAIK, it does not stack. However, our imba mage wanted an unholy DK in raid yesterday because... it gives the 13% dmg... I told him I could do it with CoE, but he says it stacks. I could have started an argument, but then againt... what if something changed, and he's right ?
Better check it , or TEST it. So I will.
Common sense and a LOT of posting says it does not stack, in the same way replenishment does not stack, also taking in consideration Blizzard based posts in forums about how they want raids to "bring the person, not the class", so limiting as much as possible the class-uniqueness buffs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bem é bom ver k andas a te divertir à séria com o wow :p eu agora ando sem jogar. tou a espera k comece a open beta do star trek online amanha para me entreter. se o jogo for tao bom como tenho visto nos videos o wow vai ficar na prateleira de vez. Eu gosto de wow, mas ja tou uma beca farto...
Kto as dps races, ainda bem k n tou aí porque com o gear k tenho duvido k ficasse no top 5 ao competir com gajos desses. Bem diverte te e vai dando noticias. Se testares Star trek avisa me. se tiver por la falamos. Abraço.

Nibuca said...

CotEl shares a debuff stack with Ebon Plague (Unholy DK) and Earth and Moon (Balance Druids). EP and E&M will be passivly part of Unholy DK or Boomkek's rotations. If either of them are in the raid then you dont' need to do CotEl.

If they -aren't- in the raid then you should do CotEl. It's a personal DPS increase for you at that point.

Post here: http://chicanery.fibergeek.com/2009/12/23/elements-vs-agony/

Nibuca
http://chicanery.fibergeek.com/

Pedro Lucas said...

Yo Dario
De facto isto no WoW já tem pouca piada. Mas queria chegar ao Arthas para ver a fight... senão vai no youtube mesmo e pronto. Mas enquanto me divertir, vou jogando, mas muuuito menos do que era.
Boa sorte no Star-Trek !
Eu espero pelo Star Wars :)

Pedro Lucas said...

Hey Nibuca.
Thanx for the info, that's exactly what my thoughts are.

Locks should only use CoE in bosses if there's no UDK/BK in raid, as they don't stack, and the other classes have it as part of their rotation, and we don't.

For adds,spikes, etc, that's a different story. Not every dps switches to them, and CoA/CoD won't help for low-hp enemies so the +13% CoE may be the only debuff in effect.
I'm macroing e.g. /tar marrowgar spikes with an associated "/cast CoE". Same with the Jaraxxus HC portals+volcs, although i still have doubts wether I should associate the /target with /cast Immolate.