Speak to me !

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Naxx25 and a ton of achievements

This week I finally set my foot in Naxx25, courtesy of a guildie invite and of a friendly guild.

We cleared Plague and Arachnid quarter in a blast, and then went to Patchwerk, which came down easily. Finally, we tried Grobbulus with 19, but failed, so called it a night. Anyway, the raid will continue today, so I hope I can see Gluth go down, something I haven't seen with Naxx10. TBH, the more I see of Naxx25, the more I think Naxx10 is harder.
A few reasons:
- Every player that is undergeared causes a lot of difference. 2.5 times more !
- Every player that does less dps than supposed is 2.5 times more problematic.
- Every player that does a mistake is 2.5 times worse, 2.5 times more fatal. That applies to healers missing a heal,
- Every player that has a "lag" spike has 2.5 times more effect on the raid.
etc, etc.
You'll tell me, "OK, but Blizzard makes the instance weaker, in terms of boss HP and boss abilities". Yes, but that is oriented towards the fact that you have 2 healers, not 5, and 6 dps's, not 15. It's not accounting for what I said earlier, which is summarizes as

If things can go wrong in Naxx10, they probably will.
If things can go wrong in Naxx25, they might.



I also found an imba group to run Outland heroics, so I cleared a lot of them. I stopped finally when I was too tired. They kept on.

Finally, I managed to finish my Lockdown achievement, killing every possible boss in Violet Hold HC.

Yesterday was a /cry day, I went out with the kid and missed a Hyjal run. Damn, I'll never get my Outland Raider status.

No comments: