Speak to me !

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Always learning....

Just when I thought I knew it all, I learned a new trick. It's good to feel like a noob, at least there's still something to be discovered in this silly game.

The thing is, 99% of all destro warlocks will use imp, and during buff times, they will have their imp phased out, and set to auto-cast, since that's the default behaviour.

However, that will not allow raid buffs to buff the pet. It only occurs with Imp, since all other pets have no Phase Shift. Sure, we all know that. So...

Long story short, I now know how a warlock I saw some months ago had nearly the same gear, but was having his imp dps boosted. It was the bloody raid buffing ! MOTW, BOK, etc, does make a difference.

Oh well, living and learning.. having the humility to accept ones noobness is always good.

Btw, this was found while searching a way for my Imp to escape fire death in TOC 10 HC. I know some solutions now, like (1) telling it to stay near the melee (it will be cast-stomped but will get no fire debuff so it'll live on), (2) having it staying at the entrance and then moving to the farthest position to cast, (3) having it stay near a wall, far away from other players.

I also saw some tips about manual fire shielding specific players, like tanks. Makes sense. 63 added fire resistance is not bad for the 1st and 2nd bosses of the trio.


On a less positive note, my guild is on the verge of collapse, with some angry members not getting invited to TOC HC. Leader is not too much into this kind fof stuff so I wonder if it'll turn sour. Coincidence, I got an invitation to a forming guild from a PUG leader I met this week... from what I saw, there are some very good dps players joining, and I'll have a spot. Oh well,if all goes wrong, I wont be empty-handed.


93 mounts ! And counting... come on, give me a Baron Mount or a Turtle....or both :)

No comments: