Speak to me !

Monday, October 26, 2009

Simcraft or the agony of upgrading

OK, something is dead wrong here.

I've been using Rawr first, and then simcraft, to check on my upgrades.

Since I now have over 160 triumph emblems, it's due time for an upgrade from my T8/T8.5 4-set piece.

My current status is as follows:

Spell Power 2209
Spirit 549
Crit 412
Hit 374
Haste 535
Int 874

Simcraft say's I'm doing 4721 dps on a dummy. And it's true, I've tested and it's as it says. 100 dps +/-.

Now... the fun part is when I decide to change all my items to Tier 9 - Conquest.
Spell Power 2239
Spirit 560
Crit 464
Hit 366
Haste 517
Int 923

The upgrade in dps is .. very small. 4855 DPS.

T9 2pc bonus is better than T8 4pc bonus, but...it's not enough. So I tried to do smaller changes, only going for the T9 2-set, and keeping the T8 2-set bonus.

Theoretically, T9 Gloves+Head give me the best bonus, up to 4870 DPS, which is terrible, because I was hoping to go for the 245-head, but it looks like the T9-head will be better for my combo. I surely would like to try but... 45 emblems is a lot to waste.

So... what to do ? Keep my T8 set until I get a Crusader Trophy ? That'll take ages, givent the guild pace :( with ppl rolling for them, and with lucky guildies getting two while I'll never get a single one.

On this topic, guildies are freaking out for missing TOC HC tries. It's true, it's bad not to be invited at all, irrespective of wether we can go, or not, or if we have enough dps.

And talking about TOC HC tries, my pet messed up terribly. Imp gets the fire debuff after I get fire targetted, and dies miserably. So, two things to do: Switch to afflition for this fight, something I wanted to avoid to keep my dps high, or... may be set a fixed location for my pet to dps, far from the ppl. Yeah, think I'll try that. Set it far away from others, and let him dps the boss. Easy peasy

No comments: