Speak to me !

Friday, October 09, 2009

TOC Heroic - going down !!!

Yesterday we rocked TOC normal in about 60 minutes, with I think, only one death and no wipes. After that, we decided to give it a try for TOC 10 HC mode.

We knew it was not going to be easy, and it wasn't. Our warrior tank died time and time again, during the Acidmaw phase. Later on, a druid tank came online, and the RL switched them. One or two more tries and down they all came.

We had 3 casters and 2 melee, and snobolds went for us all the time, which was bad, but still, it was never a problem to get to phase 2 in time. Sometimes the jormungars would get in with the 1st boss about to die, but healers could handle it.

What was way worse, and happened to me twice, and to healers too, is that while acidified and running towards the fire-d tank, ppl got knocked back by... no idea which of the bosses, it's something to check. So, after a knockback, we got stalled... and died. In the last attempt, we got it all, snobolds, 2nd bosses coming a bit too early, and I got fire debuffed, but luckily, I could stay apart and not harm the raid, as no acidifed ppl were there. After acidmaw came down, it was a breeze. The jormungar came down very fast, and Icehowl was very easy, although we now have no speed buff, so ppl have to be really fast.

In the end, my first heroic item, Icehowl Cinch.

My afflition DPS struggled again, as I simply forget about checking the 25% health to start soul draining. The difference to shadowbolt is mostly impressive, but if one forgets it like me...

With our strategy, melee get snobolds that arent killed until phase 1 ends, so their phase 2 dps will be worse due to stuns, so there's no comparison possible.

Still, not to bad, I had above 4K dps overall in the kill attempt, which was my goal in the first place.

I'll now have to check for an addon that shows the HP in value and percentage.. I remember SCT long ago had that.... and if possible, a better DoTimer that adds the lifetap timer. Forte has it but the graphics are sluggish and slow, DoTimer is much smoother.

No comments: