Speak to me !

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Onyxia 25 and some DDO'ing



Last night we did a Onyxia25 with ~ 20 guildies, and guess what, it worked, after a few tries. And I managed to do some pretty nice dps with my afflition trial build and a fehunter, which died miserably in the end of phase 2, because of the flame breath, me thinks. I learned something which I had forgot,which is never dps too close to her on phase 3, as the fear may send you to her front and the frontal cleave will wipe you immediately.

Besides farming some emblems for T9, and may be completing Ulduar 10 and TOC25, I've got nothing else to do. Really. Unless I level the alts to 80 as full time, something I won't do. I prefer life beyond WoW.

And so I'm now investing a bit on DDO, and it's going great.
I'll now start playing with a friend, so we'll get some parties and have fun.
The community is very nice, we don't get the kind of cretin chats we see in Dalaran or /trade channels, with everyone talking about how good or bad someone is, or spamming, or... In DDO, you ask for something, you get answers, there's even an /advice channel with conversation ongoing all the time, so you can be playing and getting knowledge of the game at the same time. Wherever you go, people speak proper english, not the mumbling some kids use. Moreover, the game rules are based on the original DDO RPG (Core, may be with some 3.5 stuff), so you learn a lot of Dungeons&Dragons. You've got embedded multiclassing, so you can be a Warrior Priest, or a Rogue Caster, or whatever, depending of what enhancements and path you go for. You can exchange spells, and a panoply of things you simply don't have in WoW, and after watching DDO, I find the lack of complexity of WoW pityful. Seeing every raiding warlock specced destro, all with the same t8/t9 gear makes me LAUGH ! There's simply nothing like that in DDO. No one character is the same as another, there are too many combinations and complexity for it to happen.

Naechste halte will be LOTRO. It looks like the Mines of Moria are yet to show up in Europe, so it seems like a good time to jump in.



Oh I nearly forgot, we downed Mimiron ! And then went downwards to a wipe fest with the General. It's hard for casters !

No comments: